The right to sleep is having a good bed and mattresses. This is how most people give away their used beds to society to avail free beds and mattresses to people in need because they know that good sleep matters in the end and not the same bed occupancy for the years.
United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Salvation Army, and Goodwill offer free beds and mattresses. You can scroll below to be with this article and find exclusive bed openings under the social and charity groups.
Programs for Free Beds Near Me
There are 582,462 American people surviving homelessness. Fifty million households belong to low-income families. The stats suggest enough for seeking a program that provides some furniture facilitation or at least free beds to needy ones.
Best 2 Ways to Get a Free Bed
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace: This organization offers free beds to children aged 3-17 in Akron, NY. Legal guardians can apply.
- Facebook group: This group connects individuals giving away or seeking free beds.
An individual in America spends an average annual expenditure of around $500 on furniture, and the furniture and bedding market in the state is expected to touch $11 billion by 2026.
The beds and mattresses are getting expensive now for the middle-class person to afford, making such people seek free beds near them. Specific federal and social community group programs would help you find beds to sustain your life.
Now, it can be said that beds and mattresses are finding their free slots available in American society due to raising social community and increased awareness about the homeless and vulnerable class of people. You can find multiple organizations and donation clubs that provide free beds to give away while proceeding with this article.
Beds are not Beds - They are "Venn Diagram" to Sleep for the Healthy Life Sustenance.
Must Read: free washing machine for low income families
Free Beds for Low Income Families
In this section, you will get several ways to apply for free beds for low income families. Some charities that offer free stuff ask you to fill out the application form or to get a referral from a social worker.
If you go to the furniture bank, they need an application with detailed information on incomes, savings, expenses, assets, etc. Generally, they prioritize families with single parents, home with kids suffering from domestic violence and abuse, senior citizens, or homeless people.
Some people get disapproval due to high income or the unavailability of programs for free beds. You can visit the local thrift store to inquire about beds for low income families if your application is not approved.
Out of all applications for the beds for free, the majority of the people do not fit the eligibility criteria.
The Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul are some organizations providing free furniture vouchers and beds for low-income families and vulnerable homeless people under their charity programs.
However, many free beds for low-income families under charities and assistance programs have criteria to meet.
You can find the following categories of people and how to get free beds for low income families and survive healthily.
- A homeless person can be given a blanket, cushion, bed, and other needed things.
- A family living in need offers furniture for their existing or new home.
- Low-income parents, single mothers, and single fathers get free furniture for their newborn babies.
- Senior citizens, veterans, and disabled people usually get free furniture as per individual needs.
- Under the program of rebuilding families after a natural disaster like flood, fire, hurricane, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, etc., get significant benefits from the government and charities for the new home.
- Immigrants and the unemployed also get help from furniture banks.
Items provided to low income families are collected from social welfare groups and donated to low income families. Then, after public help claims to open the programs for free beds, the distribution is happening.
Under corporate social responsibility (CSR), some big business groups and companies are set to donate furniture to social welfare groups and furniture banks to supply multiple programs for free beds. These companies belong to different sectors, including manufacturers, hotels, universities, colleges, and banks.
Free Beds for Kids
Kids require beds, proper beds, no matter how much we strive hard not to adopt this statement as adults. We need to understand that sharing doesn’t work everywhere. Space provides uncompromised sleep, with free beds for kids.
Here, you will get some organizations that supply free beds for kids. So please keep your eyes here and help those single mothers or fathers who can’t afford to buy separate beds for their children.
- Beds4Kids is a privately owned charity that offers a mattress for free. They help adults and children get beds and mattresses under the free beds for low-income families program. As an applicant, you need to submit your photo ID compulsory.
- They serve based on a first-come, first-serve. Plus, it is a self-serve program, meaning you must carry, lift, or transport your free mattresses. They do not provide any transportation service.
- For each household, you can get three sets of mattresses. It means you can take a single also. The program runs Monday to Friday. The timings are from 10 AM to 5 PM. Connect with the organization via Facebook and get all the latest updates.
Cribs for Kids
- Cribs for kids provide you with a Graco pack-and-play crib, which is portable. You have first to qualify to get a portable crib for your kid. The office is at 457 State Street in Binghamton, New York. You can call them or visit them to get more information.
- The organization aims to prevent the sleeping death of children by providing free beds for kids and free mattresses for low-income families who can’t afford them. Even parents have to know how crucial safe sleep is.
- Once you call them at 1-800-231-0744 or send the request to email@example.com, you will get a reply that states the qualification to apply for the program. You will get your child’s free crib if you fulfill their criteria.
Hope to Dream
- Celebrating its 12th anniversary the previous year, Hope to Dream believes in the quality sleep of the children.
- It has gifted over 125000 twin beds to children across America. Launched under the Ashley, the primary goal is to help those immigrant and vulnerable children who struggle to sleep due to essential shelter scarcity.
- They provide free bed frames and twin mattresses, bedding, and pillow and rescue the child who might undergo sleep deprivation due to the correct bed system and sleep environment.
- Hope to dream is a contributed charity based on children’s research and regulated bed provision to the needy segment of low-income household and their kids.
Must Read: Grants For Stay At Home Moms Program
Free Bed for Disabled Person
Disability is a rock bottom upset not only to the disabled person but also to the people associated with them. This is when assisted free bed for disabled person programs fill the gap in society, providing the particular kind of necessary medical beds for free.
- 1 in 4 people in the United States of America has some disability. This has raised a significant question regarding providing bed assistance for disabled persons other than free beds for adults.
- There are multiple programs for beds and mattresses arranged by NGOs, NPOs, and Giant Companies under their CSR and community welfare groups.
Some Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and Community Help Groups may lend you a helping hand in your difficult times. Their programs for free beds assist you with basic sleeping necessities, including shelters for homeless people and free food.
Following are some NGOs that may help you with the complimentary free bed for disabled person upon fitting into their disability criteria; they’re usually not that stringent.
St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store
- Contact your nearest St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store and get free furniture for your place from St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store. Here your dream comes true to have a place where you can happily live, eat, and sleep with facilities.
- A Social Security Card and proof of income such as ADC or SS, along with other identity documents, disability certificates by authorized doctors, and medical reports, are required to get a free bed for disabled person.
- All the applications must meet the eligibility criteria to get free beds for low income families.
- The applicant can be a person, family, or senior citizen with a money crisis or can have an emergency with the need for furniture.
- Also, you have to apply for low income family furniture vouchers. And in return, according to your needs, you will get a free sofa, table, chair, free mattress for low income, and couches.
SVDP Recycle Program
- The program was designed under the St Vincent De Paul for needy people to collect all the used household items from those who want to replace or renovate their products, by social help would like to donate their unusable or damaged scrape and items including the free beds to give away.
- The applicable items are then supplied to the recycling program and recycled to make them usable once again.
- A total of $54,249,130 so far has already been funded through community grants and provided funds to the SVDP. Here, you will get a free bed for disabled persons quickly with some effort of searching and reaching out to the welfare programs for the disabled under the SVDP.
- All types of applicable items such as television, plastic, home utility, furniture, bed, and mattresses are being recycled here. You can get detailed information on their site.
Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program
Enhancing creativity and greater immune capacity in a healthy lifestyle has a significant percentage of the share in the quality of sleep. Ashley furniture free bed assistance program believes in the thin line difference between sleep and quality sleep.
Under Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program, the set of hope-to-dream have been providing beds, mattresses, and pillows to deserving kids for the last 11 years and continuing.
Certain qualifications are set to meet the specific requirement of the Hope to dream Under Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program as follows. You can nominate a child who belongs to the following criteria set by hope to dream.
- Children who are underprivileged and vulnerable between the ages of 3 to 16 suffer from the scarcity of beds to sleep in.
- Low-income families, Families below the poverty line, Transitional Homelessness of the family, and Homeless Individuals.
- Children who are nominated by a school social worker, case manager, church, and other charitable organizations.
Hope to dream charity is mainly functioned by the donation of the Ashley furniture industries since 2010. Over 125000 free beds are already supplied to needy people and have impacted their quality of life.
According to the National Sleep Foundation (NSF), kids under 12 require at least 9 to 11 hours of sleep, and adults above 20 require at least 7 hours of each day for sleep.
The donation under the Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program crosses over 10,000 without-cost beds and mattresses each year, embarking their footprints into social and corporate responsibility.
Get the Free Mattresses Near You
Free mattresses haven’t been this accessible ever before to search for “free mattress near me”. They were expensive. But, you know what? You can get it even with your fixed and limited budget.
Roam around your local community help centers or keep your fingers crossed with us; you can find ways and organizations providing good mattresses and beds for free. Various resources provide free beds for low-income families.
You shall talk to local church authorities or reach out to friends and family members as a source to get any critical information. If you get something, your luck, but if you don’t, here are the ways to search for a “free mattress near me” for low-income families.
How to Get a Free Mattress?
Why only How to get a free mattress? The entire bed system can also be managed for free with the help of specific charity and community programs.
You are no more required to struggle with how to get a free mattress due to raising awareness about low-income families, immigrant people, and children, homelessness in the state, and poverty-line vulnerable families that struggle to sleep.
Penthouses and Lodges
Find and stop at a good hotel (only if you don’t mind it) and start the search. It is a great option to get second-hand free beds for low income families. Ask the manager or another official for a used mattress they are not using anymore.
Here, you will get mattresses for free since, most of the time, hotels and lodges keep changing their furniture inventory on regular bases, and chances are there, they also get involved in the new one. This may help you with your quest of how to get a free mattress.
Local Shops and Market
The local shops and market or street market is the place where you can get all furniture vouchers for low-income families and free beds near me for low income families as well. You can also ask the local vendors how to get a free mattress. They can guide you precisely.
However, they are already used. Hence you will not get brand-new stuff. But do you know what the good point is? You can check it all and decide whether you want to buy it. Hopefully, you will get your good bed at the best quality and minimum price.
Furniture Inventory Stores
Some furniture inventory stores remove all the old mattresses’ stock at a lower price in the case of new arrivals for customers. Before the festival arrives, stop at the furniture shop and look for old-designed yet new furniture.
If your condition is too bad, reach out to charity programs providing the mattresses for free. At the furniture shops, you have to pay a minimum price for the purchase, although they are mostly affordable, despite belonging to low-income families.
Free Mattresses for Seniors
Seniors are more prone to destructive health issues and require enough comfort at home. Most of the time, if you apply a common logic here, the veterans and senior citizens spend their time in their beds. This is when free mattresses for seniors are required to support their healthy lifestyles.
If a senior citizen is undergoing some illness, and if you’re considered medically unhealthy and seek assisted support, you will find free mattresses for seniors.
Part B of Medicare Insurance covers the cost of medically necessary mattresses and beds in medicare coverage for seniors. So, if you have medicare, don’t forget to benefit from it. You can get almost 80% cost relief for free mattresses for seniors.
You shall pay 20% of the medicare-approved amount after deductibles, and your Medicare insurance will cover the remaining 80% payment.
There are special types of custom mattresses designed for seniors and considered disabled people, particularly across the globe, other than those free beds for adults. The most commonly applied free mattresses for seniors are pressure-reducing mattresses.
- Therapeutic 5-Zone Support Mattress
- ThevoRelief Pressure Relief Mattress
- Joerns PrevaMatt Defend Pressure Relief Mattress
Must Read: How to Get Free Dresser from craigslist
Free Mattresses for Low Income Families
It would go unfair not to talk about the free mattresses for low income families since the whole set of programs and charity help centers aim to uplift this class of society. Providing them with the most basic life necessities can transform their whole life.
Following are some platforms through which you can get free mattresses for low income families or the vulnerable and immigrant people who’re striving for a good sleep in shelters.
They offer free furniture and other stuff for free to children. Under this program, they do not give large appliances such as Air Conditioners, stoves, refrigerators, dryers, etc. However, You can ask for help once in six months for the furniture.
Binghamton Free Stuff Classifieds on Craigslist
Here you will get an endless list of the free things that are useful in daily life. There are some free things that you may need. What you get is an endless list for free. They also have a list of free mattresses for low income families.
Sabathani Community Center
Sabathani Community Center provides help with furniture, clothing, holiday support, school supplies, and food shelves. You can save your money here. They might also help by providing free mattresses for low income families.
Programs For Furniture Assistance For Low Income Families
If you need furniture, especially a bed, you can look up furniture assistance for low-income families and programs available in your town.
Here’s a list of towns and cities where the program is available.
|Arizona||Pima County||Maricopa County||Pinal County|
|Alabama||Madison County||Jefferson County||Mobile County|
|Arkansas||Washington and Benton County||Little Rock and Pulaski County|
|Colorado||Denver||Arapahoe County||El Paso County|
|California||Fresno County free beds near me||Orange County||Los Angeles||Kern County||San Diego||Contra Costa County|
|Sacramento||Ventura||Riverside||Santa Barbara County||Tulare County||San Bernardino|
|Northern California region|
|Connecticut||Hartford free furniture||Fairfield County||New Haven|
|Delaware||New Castle County|
|Florida||Brevard County||Collier County||Northeast Florida||Jacksonville||Broward County||Miami Dade|
|Lee County||Marion County||Sarasota||Northwest Florida||Tampa Bay||Orange County and Orlando|
|Pinellas County||Polk County||Palm Beach||Pasco County|
|Georgia||Atlanta||Central Georgia region||Southeastern Georgia||Augusta and Richmond area|
|Indiana||Marion County||Eastern, northern, and the central regions||The southwest portion of the state|
|Illinois||Will County||Champaign County||Lake County||Kane County||Chicago||Madison County|
|Kentucky||Fayette County||Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties||Jefferson County and Louisville|
|Kansas||Johnson County||Sedgwick County||Shawnee County|
|Louisiana||Baton Rouge||New Orleans|
|Maryland||Baltimore||Anne Arundel County||Prince George County||Montgomery County|
|Massachusetts||Essex County||Boston||Middlesex County||Worcester||Norfolk County||Springfield|
|Michigan||Flint and Genesee County||Detroit||Kent County||Saginaw County||Oakland County||Upper Michigan|
|Missouri||Kansas City||Boone County and Columbia||St. Louis|
|New Hampshire||Hillsborough County|
|Nevada||Washoe County||Las Vegas|
|New Jersey||Camden County||Bergen County||Middlesex County||Ocean County||Essex County NJ||Monmouth County|
|New York||New York City||Broome County||Nassau and Suffolk County||Buffalo and Erie County||Rochester||Westchester County|
|Syracuse and Onondaga County|
|North Carolina||Asheville area (Buncombe, Henderson, and Polk)||Charlotte||Cabarrus County||Raleigh||Eastern North Carolina counties.||Triad|
|Ohio||Butler County||Clermont County||Summit County||Hamilton County and Cincinnati area||Cleveland||Toledo|
|Oregon||Marion County||Washington County||Portland|
|Oklahoma||Cleveland and Canadian County area||Tulsa||Oklahoma City|
|Pennsylvania||Berks County free beds near me||Beaver County||Northampton County||Lancaster County||Philadelphia||Lehigh County|
|Pittsburgh||York County||Westmoreland County|
|South Carolina||Columbia and Richland County||Charleston area, including all surrounding counties||Georgetown||Greenville||Horry||Florence|
|Texas||Bexar County||Austin||Brazoria County||Cameron and Hidalgo||Collin County||Dallas|
|Tarrant County||Lubbock||El Paso County, Texas||Houston||Southeastern Texas region|
|Tennessee||Hamilton County and Chattanooga||Davidson County||Knox County||Sullivan County||Memphis|
|Utah||Utah County and Provo||Salt Lake|
|Virginia||Virginia Beach||Arlington County||Henrico County||Fairfax||Prince William County|
|West Virginia||Kanawha County and Charleston|
|Washington||Washington DC||Pierce County||Snohomish County||Seattle|
|Wisconsin||Dane County||Brown County||Milwaukee||Waukesha||Jefferson||Walworth|
We have briefly discussed various organizations that offer free beds and mattresses along with bed assistance to kids, disabled people, and seniors and get help through this article.
Can a 3 year old have a full size bed?
There is no bed size rule as such to have; usually, a child around 8 to 10 of age requires full bed size. Although, the bed size should be considered for the appropriate ratio of your room size as well.
Can you give a mattress to charity?
Yes, you can give away your used mattress, which is in usable condition to several charity programs to contribute free beds and mattresses to society.
Does Medicare cover mattresses for seniors?
Part B of the Medicare insurance does cover the mattresses for seniors with a 20% payable medicare-approved amount after the deductibles.
Can you sell a used mattress?
You can sell used mattresses under the specific criteria to meet; you must check them with your state law and provision. You can also donate them for free if you would like to pay for welfare services to society.